A miscellany of weekly ramblings on comics, art and film by Ted Mathot, storyboard artist and writer/artist/self-publisher of graphic novels and comics
______________________________________________

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A page in the making

Here's a page that's undergoing some re-working. I wasn't happy with a particular story point and it was taking up two pages. At this stage in the production of the book, I need to begin streamlining; cutting out the fat and getting the story moving, something I did quite a bit of in the first book. The two page bit was changed and cut down to one page. Here it is in its early stages; you can still see the original page on the layers beneath.

9 comments:

ChrisWoznitza said...

Hi I´m Chris. Greatings from Germany Bottrop !!

The Moth said...

Love the bold strokes you used to sketch the horses. It's very raw & exciting -- great stuff!

Moth

OV! said...

really nice page layout Ted.

>oVi

Luxo Jr. said...

I have to agree with The Moth about the horses! They just stood out to me. They look really cool! Keep it up Ted!

St John Street said...

nice boards

J said...

Very nice Ted. I'm looking forward to the completed book.

Mike Thompson said...

I enjoy the process of creating/figuring-out as much or more than the finished product.

Patrick Morgan said...

Nice composition. Quick simple Bold strokes. I'll check back.

cheers

stephenfmunoz said...

even the rough stuff is great. love this page of work. book marked!!!