A miscellany of weekly ramblings on comics, art and film by Ted Mathot, storyboard artist and writer/artist/self-publisher of graphic novels and comics
______________________________________________

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

8 weeks

8 weeks before R&I 2 goes to print and 60 pages to go. The race is on. Trying to keep up the quality while going fast is becoming more of a challenge; but getting into a good drawing zone sure helps. I'm not the kind of artist that can sit down cold and bang out great drawings, warm up time is essential as part of my process. I wish I had more time, but having this kind of schedule is important to me; I need deadlines to keep me on track.

R&I 2 will be a 160 page book. R&I 1 will be reprinted as well, with different paper; a slightly glossier stock that will yield better blacks (hopefully!). R&I 1 will also have some slight modifications on uniforms and such, as well as minor changes to help continuity into part two and fixes on drawings that have been bugging me.

Thanks again everyone for stopping by and for your comments.

6 comments:

S. Stephani Soejono said...

Lovely!!

Are you planning to publish it to a mainstream publisher like Mark Andrews does?

Rob A. said...

Oh man. I guess I'm going to have to buy the re-issue of #1 now too! Your ruining my budget dude but you're worth it! Great stuff. I love seeing the progression of your work.

The Moth said...

Frickin' great! People are gonna be knocked out by this.

Draw, Forrest -- draw!

The Moth

Mike Thompson said...

I can hardly wait to see it finished! Congratulations!

RoboTaeKwon-Z said...

I know what you mean about getting into the zone. I have to rev up and until then I just can't do a decent drawing.
I can't wait to see R&I 2. Keep going!!!

TSM said...

s. stephani - thanks. part 2 will be self published, but I'll be looking for a publisher and distribution later on when I compile the two books.

Rob - thanks man, hope all is well with you!

moth - thanks dude

mike - thanks! i can't wait to see it finished too!

robotaekwon-z - don't you just hate those folks who don't need any warmup at all? : )