A miscellany of weekly ramblings on comics, art and film by Ted Mathot, storyboard artist and writer/artist/self-publisher of graphic novels and comics
______________________________________________

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Plugging Away

For those who've been checking my progress on RI2, threre's 13 pages to go.... I've gotten into a solid groove which couldn't have come at a better time since I'm working on the climax and conclusion, which are loaded with stuff that's hard to draw. I have a pretty good handle on drawing the guns, which is a relief. RI2 is on schedule to go to print on May 29th.

Conomor and Tryphine is done and just needs a title page. Rose will have a cameo as a ghost in that story.

Thanks to all of you that have been stopping by.

11 comments:

J said...

Woah Ted, this is looking awesome! Man you ARE on a roll.
Really inspiring stuff.
J

Anonymous said...

ahh, the illustrious solid groove! keep on doing it to it! you are a source of inspiration!

- shiman

BKO said...

I cannot tell you with what baited breath I wait for both books!! Thank you for posting through it all. The process is much appreciated and inspirational!! You are simply getting better and better!!

Monkeyfeather said...

AWESOME! Can't wait to get a copy of both.

Morja said...

just for say, i'm fan ^^

thanks mister Rodguen for
the discovery
of this "magnifique" stuff

Emma said...

Wow, I really like that panel. I'm trying to figure out why... I think it's because you've got such great values going on in all your stuff (especially r&i), but the little change of making it color instead of greyscale, it really brings it to life.

Beautiful!

Dik Pose said...

Still rockin!! Panel looks great..

S. Stephani Soejono said...

Creepy~! For some reasons that drwaing reminded me of HEllboy. Will Afterworks be available on comic book stores?

TSM said...

Thanks everyone!

Afterworks 1 and Afterworks 2 will both be available at comic shops sometime in July.

MT said...

Rose gets her head chopped off?!! Hopefully she died fighting :D

The panel looks great.

T.Cypress said...

Just fantastic work!!
I've been checking in on your blog...
...A real inspiration.

-T