A miscellany of weekly ramblings on comics, art and film by Ted Mathot, storyboard artist and writer/artist/self-publisher of graphic novels and comics
______________________________________________

Friday, September 08, 2006

Random Bits

I you live in the bay area, don't forget that tonight is the Super7 Grand Re-Opening and E-Ville Press signing!

Also, tomorrow (Sat 9/9) KQED will feature a review of Rose and Isabel in the Lit section of their website. Paula Rogers has written an in depth review of the complete story. Thanks Paula!

UPDATE: The Rose and Isabel KQED review can be found here.

5 comments:

Luxo Jr. said...

Will you be taking photos at Super 7 tonight Ted?

TSM said...

my camera isn't with me but I hope someone will have one!

-T

RoboTaeKwon-Z said...

Nice review, although she obvously didn't get the more fantasy oriented elements of your story and took them as a slight against "women everywhere". Typical.
I'm not familiar with her work, but perhaps she should read a few more comics and fantasy novels before she reviews anymore things like R&I.
Congratulations anyway!!!

Jamie Baker said...

Ted, I came by the signing just as the store was closing. I had just taken my Dad to the airport for his flight home to Australia. Sorry to have missed you guys.

I think that was a pretty great review despite the quibbles. She obviously loved the book. congratulations!

craig said...

Hey Ted,
I read R&I recently.
I'll agree with her review in the regard that "It left me wanting more". Not because I thought elements were underplayed, but because I thought the world was wondefully realized with convincing characters and I didn't want it to end! Good stuff.