A miscellany of weekly ramblings on comics, art and film by Ted Mathot, storyboard artist and writer/artist/self-publisher of graphic novels and comics
______________________________________________

Monday, January 08, 2007

CORA is underway

I'm going to start documenting the making of the book very early this time; I'm planning to go to print with it in May of 2008 for a June delivery and July release. Like the last book, I'll be working from a simple outline and various notes I've scratched down here and there and will go straight ahead page by page. I'll rough as many pages as I need to tell the story and my best guess is that it'll clock in at 225-250 pages.

Here we go!

panel rough from page 14:

6 comments:

Luxo Jr. said...

Awesome news Ted! 2007 is going to be one god damned fandiddlytastic year!

SMacLeod said...

Holy cow! That's definitely a graphic "novel". How exciting. Can't wait. Good luck (like you even need it:)

craig said...

Secretly I think Ted is a collection of art beings from another dimension. How does one man do it? Can't wait to see the final.

Monkeyfeather said...

Nah, he's a collective of robots controlled by one mind.

YES!!! This is exciting news Ted. Can't wait to see the progress.

225-250 pages!!!??? Um, wow... I'm so lazy.

*bows head in shame*

Marcos Mateu said...

Cool. Where are these books gonna be available?
Any comic book store?

TSM said...

Thanks everyone --

Craig & Monkey -- I wish I were a collective of robots controlled by one mind or multiple beings from another dimension, but sadly It's just me who's got to crank out 200+ color pages by next May!

Marcos - my first 2 books -- Rose and Isabel (parts 1&2) are available now at Meltdown in LA and the new CORA book will be out next year at the San Diego Con. Thanks for dropping by!