Friday, August 03, 2007
• I am finalizing a deal with a French publisher for distribution of R&I in Europe, with a planned release late this year or early next year. Parts 1 and 2 of R&I will be collected, translated to French and printed in sepia tones. There is a good chance I'll be representing the book at the Festival International de la Bande Dessineé in Angouleme, France in January.
• Talks of R&I being published in the US have begun; I will post here if there are any major developments.
• Prints featuring R&I characters will become available for sale through the site in the near future.
• Also expect to see a limited edition Rose and Isabel sketchbook next year, with lots of development artwork, layouts, process, and deleted pages from the story (and whatever else I can think of to put in there).
• Cora is moving along steadily. I have set a goal to rough 2 pages a day until the book is done, then start the finishes. There are about 75 pages roughed so far, and I'm still playing around with the structure of the story...the parts are there, it's the arrangement that's been proving to be tricky. Whatever I have done by May of next year I plan to print for Comic-Con 08.