Sunday, August 26, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
from New Mexico to Montana and also done more research into the particular time period (1888). What I've arrived at is much less generic than the first pass at the chapter, which was basically straight from the gut -- I feel the new pass is really starting to come together emotionally and this chapter will most likely be the first thing to be printed from the book.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Yet another character from the CORA story. I've generically called him "the stranger" until I come up with his real name. This is an early attempt at his design, and his costume will be a blend of east and west. What did Rose do to get THIS guy after her?
Friday, August 10, 2007
Below is the rough layout, a work in progress screenshot, the linework with blacks spotted and finally the finished page.
Monday, August 06, 2007
A rough page from Rose's backstory which will be one of the main parts of the Cora book. Here she is becoming acquainted with a new friend, Elizabeth, during a walk in the woods. The year is 1850.
More to come soon.
Friday, August 03, 2007
• I am finalizing a deal with a French publisher for distribution of R&I in Europe, with a planned release late this year or early next year. Parts 1 and 2 of R&I will be collected, translated to French and printed in sepia tones. There is a good chance I'll be representing the book at the Festival International de la Bande Dessineé in Angouleme, France in January.
• Talks of R&I being published in the US have begun; I will post here if there are any major developments.
• Prints featuring R&I characters will become available for sale through the site in the near future.
• Also expect to see a limited edition Rose and Isabel sketchbook next year, with lots of development artwork, layouts, process, and deleted pages from the story (and whatever else I can think of to put in there).
• Cora is moving along steadily. I have set a goal to rough 2 pages a day until the book is done, then start the finishes. There are about 75 pages roughed so far, and I'm still playing around with the structure of the story...the parts are there, it's the arrangement that's been proving to be tricky. Whatever I have done by May of next year I plan to print for Comic-Con 08.