A miscellany of weekly ramblings on comics, art and film by Ted Mathot, storyboard artist and writer/artist/self-publisher of graphic novels and comics
______________________________________________

Monday, April 21, 2008

CORA update: April 21



Things are progressing slowly but still moving forward...I had to take a few days off to unwind a bit. I also needed to take some time to clear my head to draw up a piece for an art auction.

There are 21 pages to go on Cora, then I have to do color on about 1/3 of the book, write and re-write a bunch of dialogue, and tie down the cover and do individual page fixes. I added a few new pages to fill out the story, which took a bit of additional time, but the story is better for it (I hope). 28 days to go to hit the deadline, give or take a few days...
_______________________

10 comments:

Dani said...

I'm sure Cora will wrap beautifully. Can't wait to read it!

And congrats on the collective success of the auction, Ted!

Dani

SketchCrawl said...

awesome expression on her Ted ... love it ...

e

Anonymous said...

Ted,

Another great composition piece capturing her mood and expression. Sunburnt, sweat, dust, need to wash my hair expression...

cK

PS. Great grab on the Ronnie piece.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful.

This is a great evocative drawing. I echo all the things the others have said.

The quality of this thing is already through the roof! Keep running this marathon -- you're easily in Mile 20. :)

Moth

Kei Acedera said...

love her posture and the look on her face...wonderful image!

Mr Scribbles said...

Keep on chuggin' Ted! What I've seen of Cora looks amazing!!

Brian said...

wow, i love the style you're developing. looking good man! can't wait to read it. cheers

Victoria Powell said...

I love your work!

Jenny Lerew said...

That image (which I'm sure is one of hundreds with equal impact) is just so stunning, gosh. I see this sort of thing so often in real life yet until now never done graphically-that specific slouch, weight, attitude of a woman sitting on the saddle.
Just had to barge in and write that. Lovely stuff Ted!

fred davis said...

As noted by others, great expression! Her posture really sells it too.

I'm so glad I found your blog, very inspiring.