A miscellany of weekly ramblings on comics, art and film by Ted Mathot, storyboard artist and writer/artist/self-publisher of graphic novels and comics
______________________________________________

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Comic-Con 2008 :: wrap

Thank you to everyone who stopped by the booth this year; Derek, Nina and I had a great time but by the end we were completely drained. I got to see even less of the floor this year than last year, but I'm determined to change that next year. I don't have much to report on, so I recommend you swing by Jeff Pidgeon's blog for a good daily Con diary (with pictures!).

For those that placed orders for books online in the past week, your book/s will ship first thing Wednesday (7/30), and any orders placed from today on will ship within a day or two of receipt. Thanks.

6 comments:

Louie del Carmen said...

Great seeing you as always Ted. Cora is magnificent. I read my copy in a comic-con shuttle on my way back to the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next book.

Moses Monster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moses Monster said...

The booth next to you or the booth you were sharing with someone who had the pilot character animation. What was his name? Its killing me because I never got a chance to head back to your guys booth to buy your book and his DVD. Do you know what I'm talking about?

I'm placing my order for Cora tomorrow :D

MIKE THOMAS said...

I just finished reading R&I part 2, pretty fantastic. I'll never forget that image of John calling for Rose, that whole scene really...
Beautiful book.

Margaret Cloud said...

Hi, just stopping by and would like to know if you did the sketch of the woman, I like it.

Jenny said...

Oh, Ted--beautiful drawing.

Exhausted at 10pm Friday the 25th, I still kicked myself from one end of the LA-bound train to the other that I missed your booth.

It's stupid of me, but I know since you're an old Con hand you well understand how the brain from fatigue and sensory overload slowly disconnects from "To Do: must go to X, Y, Z booths and get those damn books!" Anyway, I wish I'd come by. But there's always the internets!

Beautiful work and great blog as always.