A miscellany of weekly ramblings on comics, art and film by Ted Mathot, storyboard artist and writer/artist/self-publisher of graphic novels and comics
______________________________________________

Friday, July 18, 2008

CORA Preview and SDCC news

SDCC news: I was told by Stuart Ng that he'll have a small number of Akileos' handsome hardcover French versions of Rose and Isabel for sale at booths # 5012-5020. I don't know how many there will be, so get them early!

Below is a peek at a few pages from the first chapter of the CORA mini-series that will debut at Preview night next Wednesday (and an image of the postcard). If all goes well the books will arrive sometime today...

UPDATE: The books arrived yesterday from Transcontinental in Canada and they did a great job with the printing. The color is right on the money and I'm very happy with the way the book turned out.





And here's a peek at the pages:




12 comments:

kevin said...

those colors are gorgeous man! can't wait to see this book

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! i can't wait to have it in my hot little hands!
- shiman

Anson Jew said...

(Sigh.) I can feel my wallet getting lighter already!

Anonymous said...

Ted,

Like Kevin, I am highly impressed with your color keys and how you integrated it into the story telling. It is the unspoken story that amazes me. Cora's free flowing hair symbolizing youth and carefree inexperiece contrasting to Isabel's stoic hair style emoting some deep experience.

It rocks.

BTW, I will be attending the Con this year for Preview Night/Thu.

cK

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

I always love the requisite just-arrived-in-the-box photos. Now it's on to CCI 2008!

See you there,

Moth

Monkeyfeather said...

YES!!! I'll see you there Saturday as my first purchase of the CON!!!

Monkeyfeather said...

Oops, I meant Thursday.

Mike Thompson said...

Save me a first printing, Ted. I will PayPal it as soon as it's available.

Brandon said...

I just finished Rose and Isabel last night, and I was really impressed by it. The art looks and feels so cinematic, and the story was great. I loved the mix of mythology with American history, but more than that, I loved your characters. I cannot wait to read Cora. It looks beautiful.

Mr Scribbles said...

The book looks amazing Ted. I'll definitely be dropping by to pick up a copy.

Margaret Cloud said...

I like the art work, it reminds me of my son, he is an draws almost like this.

ludiKris (stiff) said...

Hey attiTed. Good work.