A miscellany of weekly ramblings on comics, art and film by Ted Mathot, storyboard artist and writer/artist/self-publisher of graphic novels and comics
______________________________________________

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

SDCC 08

It's July, so that means the San Diego Comic Con 2008 is right around the corner.

Derek Thompson and I will be listed under the name E-Ville Press again this year, located at Booth #1534. The first installment of new mini-series CORA will make its debut this year, and Rose and Isabel parts 1 and 2 will be available as well. Derek will have an ALL NEW Monster Annual chock full of his awesome designs (365 of them!) as well as a DVD on Conceptual Storyboarding he did for the Gnomon Workshop. We'll also have the AFTERWORKS 2 anthology for sale, which contains short stories by Derek, myself and many others.

CORA PART 1



DEREKMONSTER ANNUAL 2008



I'll be updating this post with other booth/table locations and info, so check back often!

UPDATE: If you are a regular visitor to this blog and are going to be exhibiting at the con, feel free to post your booth/table location in the comments section (or email me). Thanks

Exhibitor locations:

SCOTT MORSE/JEFF PIDGEON/BILL PRESING [RED WINDOW]: #4800
LOUIE DEL CARMEN: # G4
SHO MURASE: #1830
BOBBY RUBIO: #1943
BOSCO NG/SERGIO PAEZ: #1329
BOBBY CHIU/KEI ACEDERA: #G6 and G7
ANSON & BENTON JEW: #EE01
IRA SHERAK [Hot Mexican Love Comics]: #N8
JUSTIN RIDGE/HYE KIM: #E8
THE THOSE GUYS: #1033
KEVIN DART/CHRIS TURNHAM [Fleet Street Scandal]: #F9



click the map for the large version

_____________________

11 comments:

j. said...

i won't be there, but i'm giving moth dough for my copy of cora. have fun!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, gimme dough!

Can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait!

Moth

elephantmarchblog said...

I just discoverred your work VIA one of the Pixar blogs; very cool, I'll have to get it sometime.

Arrrgh, I wish I could go to the comicon this year, I keep planning to go but either a new contract or lack of finance prevents me. I understand there's a Pixar-based on that takes place in San Fransisco sometime in Autumn, however, maybe I'll be able to make it to that one....

At any rate, good luck with your Graphic Novel...

Thomas Huxley said...

Ted, just watched Presto from iTunes and noticed you listed in Story. I just wanted to say what an amazing short it was. It really was like The Incredibles of Pixar's shorts, taking the shorts into a new direction. My compliments to Doug, yourself and everyone else that worked on this delightful piece of film.

Monkeyfeather said...

SWEET!!!

Bobby Chiu said...

Hi Ted,

Kei Acedera and I will be at Table G6 and G7.

See you there!

Anson Jew said...

My brother Benton and I will be sharing table EE01 at Artist Alley. Along with some of the older books, we will have two new books: Benton's "Just Visiting" and my "The Hand of Fate."

Anson Jew

HwangNguyen said...

I'm looking forward to Rose and Isabel 2. I got the first one but haven't been able to pick up the second one. Hopefully this time around, I will be able to.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ted,

Hot Mexican Love Comics has a new 2008 issue available in small press table N8

see you in two weeks,
Ira Sherak

Justin Ridge said...

Hey Ted!

Congrats on the new graphic novel! Can't wait to pick up a copy!

Hye Kim and I will be at table #E8, and also The Those Guys at booth #1033.

See ya soon!

Louie del Carmen said...

Thanks for the plug Ted. See you next week!