A miscellany of weekly ramblings on comics, art and film by Ted Mathot, storyboard artist and writer/artist/self-publisher of graphic novels and comics
______________________________________________

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

ROSE and ISABEL TPB - Coming Soon

In my discussion with printers regarding a reprint of R&I part 2, it didn't take long to see that a small print run of new Part 2 books was going to be cost prohibitive (since the former printer is the one with the plates). 500 copies would be the minimum to keep the price down and since there's fewer than 100 copies of part 1 left, I'd have to go back to print for that book too. It's kind of like the hot dogs to hot dog buns ratio thing; you'll always have more of one than the other.

What I've decided to do instead is put together a collected edition. I'm in the process of making some cosmetic fixes to the pages and fixing some continuity. The plan right now is to have the TPB go to print in early January 2010 and be available in February.
The TPB will be a square-bound softcover and will make its debut at the Emerald City Comic-Con in March (online orders will be available before that).

I'll post more details about the TPB and other projects soon.

8 comments:

disneynorth said...

I want one, I want one! Even though I already have part 1 & 2 already. You mentioned changes to continuity. Does that mean new art and story?

LHOOQtius ov Borg said...

Awesome!

Alisa said...

Cool! I thought I saw a copy of volume 1 at Jim Hanley's in NY a while back. When I went back I couldn't find it and they were pretty clueless. It'd be great to get the whole story in one book. Best of luck!

Brandon said...

Great storytelling. Thanks for posting these as well as your advice on story.

bannman said...

Dear Ted, will we have a chance to see you at Angouleme next January ? Do I have to look for a good restaurant again this year and book a table ?
Bests,
Bann.

PS : R&I are still awesome, as always.

Anonymous said...

Sweeeeeeeet!

This is good.

Moth

BROCASSO said...

Your story telling is impeccable.

Amazing

Jamie Baker said...

this is great news!