A miscellany of weekly ramblings on comics, art and film by Ted Mathot, storyboard artist and writer/artist/self-publisher of graphic novels and comics
______________________________________________

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Drawing Again

I haven't done any drawing on Cora 3 in over three months. I needed a break from the relentless and nearly impossible cycle of preparing books each year for Comic-Con. The rest was good, since I'm looking at the book with fresh eyes again and seeing very clearly where I can make improvements to the story.

Cora 3 will hopefully be ready for ECCC in March 2011, and I would really like to have Cora 4 done for the upcoming TR!CKSTER show in summer 2011.



On a related note, The Rose and Isabel Complete Story books will be arriving from the printer in the next couple of weeks so keep an eye out for those. I'll also be ordering COMIXBURO MATHOT sketchbooks to sell here on the blog.

Cheers

4 comments:

Ev said...

Welcome back! Shame I'll miss you at SDCC.

Alisa said...

I'm really looking forward to a complete Rose and Isabel...never did get to order the single issues. I did however get my hands on your awesome Comix Burro collection! Keep up the great work!

artgeek12 said...

Here at Comic-Con this weekend and miss seeing you. Would have really like to get the Cora books signed!

Glad the rest is giving you a fresh perspective. Hopefully I'll see you here next year!

abhishek singh said...

you blog is full of wonderful work and insights:)
lovely coming here